Saturday, January 12, 2008

Yay for Arriving!

So... I'm in Zwolle now. And it's rainy and windy. Apparently this is typical Dutch weather in the winter. Wonderful. I'm sure it won't be too bad, and I'll get used to it.
My first day I visited with a whole lot of family - which was really quite wonderful. Yesterday, I went shopping in DeLier (for a bike lock and gloves!), and then headed back to Schiphol to meet with people to go to Zwolle by train. Quite the adventure already.
Later today I get to go for a tour of Zwolle. From what I've seen of it, it looks pretty big. And my host family keeps saying it's not very big... so we'll see.
Speaking of my host family, they're pretty nice. The kids are fairly typical teenagers, but I think we'll get along just fine. Anyway, I think we're having lunch now... so I'm signing off for now.

3 comments:

ANGE POOT said...

Yay for arriving! Your mom sent me an email yesterday too. How's the time change adjustment going?

Olga said...

The time change is fine. Although last I night couldn't get to sleep until 2:00 or so... otherwise not too bad.

Kelsey said...

So exciting! I am glad your host family is nice! That would definitely affect your trip I am sure! Can't wait to read more Olga!