Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Paleis Het Loo

Well, the introduction week is over and classes are beginning. Now is when everything really starts - or so I've been told. I'm kind of looking foward to really starting. Should be fun.



Anyway... I thought I'd add a few pictures from this weekend. We visited the Paleis Het Loo in Appeldoorn. It was pretty neat to see. It's a palace that's now a museum because the upkeep was too expensive. And the best part was that I got in for free! Yay for museum cards.



Above is Marloes, posing as a princess in the gardens of the palace.




Lights at the entrance of the palace




The back of the palace with the gardens




The Dutch flag

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

What is the time difference in Holland? Would you have written this at 1:55 Holland, or Canada? If it is Holland, then you should GO TO BED! haha. Miss you Olga! Glad you're having a great time!

Olga said...

I wrote it this morning, but it was later than 7:55, so I don't really think the time on this thing is accurate. It isn't Dutch or Ontario time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Olga

I had a snowday.
don't let your teacher work you
hard if he or she dose tell your
teacher to not work you hard and that I said so.Have fun in Holland.
xoxo Marc xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Olga

Can't wait to see you in Holland.

Love ---- -------

Maria said...

very fun. i wouldn't mind living in a castle like that, as long as i didn't have to clean it. :)