Sunday, January 13, 2008

Feeling Stupid

So... I experienced my first bike accident tonight. My host sister Marloes and I were going to a Bible study, and she mistakenly thought I knew the way. We were nicely driving sided by side - she on the left and I on the right. Forgetting to say we had to turn right, she turned and I drove straight, causing a collision. The front wheel of my bike is now an odd shape and doesn't turn very easily... so we'll see what happens with that.
On the plus side, the Bible study was great! It was a lot easier to follow than the church service this morning. I understood most of the service, but they use a lot of non-everyday language (as I'm sure we do too). But, the Bible study was definitely a lot of fun and really easy to follow.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Be Careful!!! and have an amazing time

Maria said...

no kidding! gotta love bible studies, but bike safe. i want to see you back in canada alive. sounds like things are going great. i'm behind on homework already. woohoo.*hugs*

Anja said...

Got A new wheel already Olga.
Have A great time.
xo Marc xo

Olga said...

bike stuff is all good now - I have a new bike, and the other one was insured. but i'll be careful.