Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Weekend Events

This weekend was quite fun-filled, and I didn't even have to travel anywhere (at least not very far). My Saturday began with my host brother Jelle's soccer game. He won 5-1, and it was a lot of fun to watch. However, it was extremely COLD! I was cold for the rest of the day. It was freezing (literally), and the wind was the worst part. There isn't a whole lot of shelter on a soccer field. But, I'm still really glad I went to watch.

After the soccer game and lunch, I headed to Zwolle's centrum to visit the EcoDrome with the Romanian students. That was pretty fun too - even though it was very young-child focused, it was fun to go with friends. That always makes it fun!

Jan made us pancakes for supper, which was quite awesome! After the delicious meal we played some hard-core Dutch Blitz with 5 people. Renee ended up spending the night since it got too late for her to go home.

Sunday was another beautiful day, so Jan took us (Renee & I) to the Hunebedden for a walk (Not exactly sure what the Hunebedden are - only that they used to be graves and they were made by the Celts). Good weekend - for sure! Anyway, I should head down and make supper... 'till next time.


Renee & I on one of the Hunebeds

my host dad Jan
Reeds tied up in bundles

(these are used for roofs on some of the houses)

1 comment:

Maria said...

it looks like you're having a wonderful time, that's really cool.