Sunday, February 10, 2008

Signs of Spring

The weather this weekend was absolutely AMAZING! We had so much sun, which was quite wonderful, since I haven't seen it all that often. It was really nice and warm too! 10+ degrees outside, with little wind. Wat en weer!

Flowers are beginning to bloom
Ducks, enjoying the sunshine, swimming on the canal
On my way home from Naaldwijk (the first time)
Buds opening up
Daffodils beginning to bloom
Buds on the vine

Opa & I enjoying some reading material OUTSIDE!

Seriously, this weekend was amazing! I had a great time. I finally saw all the relatives on the Herbert side! One more Noordam (technically not quite yet - but he will be related in March). I went to Naaldwijk twice, first with Marije to go shopping (for her Kluiter Klas), and then with Bart & Rinze Saturday night! Lots of fun.

Another wonderful part of my weekend was church! I went to the Uitslaapdienst where Rinze was playing bass guitar. Martine (Denise's friend) was singing - quite fun. The best part was that I could actually follow the service a lot better. It helps when you actually know the songs (even if you know them in English), and there were (kind of) 3 mini sermons, which made it easier to follow too. I find that if you have to listen to one long sermon I start to tune it out because they use a lot of words you're not familiar with and it's all in Dutch. It's quite different then just carrying on a conversation with someone. I enjoyed this service quite a lot.

So... that was my weekend... sort of. Hope all you Canadians are enjoying your snow-filled winter. I'm enjoying my long spring.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olga

you are mean we are in a winter
STORM.It's very very BAD outside.

xoxo Marc xoxo

Audrey said...

What's this? What's this?! A land WITHOUT snow? So they do exist...
I guess I'll find out tomorrow too.
:)

Joy said...

I wish we had flowers and sunshine...

Maria said...

blarg. it does look lovely. must admit to being a bit envious after the snow shovelling of the past few weeks. i'm gald all's going swimmingly. keep the pics coming! i love daffodils.