Tuesday, April 8, 2008

On Excursion to Greytown

Okee. So, I'm getting pretty behind on this. I haven't written a single thing in 2 weeks. Tsk, tsk. I have been pretty busy though. I feel like I say that a lot, but it's true. Over the past two weeks there has been a thing called "Greytown" at the Greijdanus College, a local Christian "highschool" (pretty close to the equivalent). During Greytown the students at the school get to visit Greytown. In Greytown they get to go through customs, visit the travel agency, go to the doctor, get a job, and visit the saloon. The catch is, they have to speak a foreign language. I helped with the English part, and marked students on their ability to speak English well. It was pretty fun, but we saw 60 students in a day - which is quite a bit. The other languages they had to do (not all in one day) were French and German. It's a very good learning experience for the kids, but I'm sure glad I never had to do it (although they had a lot of fun).

This weekend was the first time I really felt like I was looking forward to going home. I haven't felt homesick whatsoever since being here, and I'm not saying I'm homesick now either, but it's more I wouldn't mind going home now. I think the main reason this hit me now is that I've been planning a whole lot of things for May, and the summer, and I kind of want to get to work on those things. I also just realised that I will only be able to visit my family one more time :( That goes by fast too. I don't feel like I've seen very much of them yet - the Noordams in particular - but what I did see of them was fun :)
It'll be kind of weird to go back home again, but I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: