Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Confused Weather?

This weekend was Easter, so I headed to De Lier once again to visit family. While there I got to experience the coldest Easter since 1964. We had snow, hail, some more hail, and a bit more snow. This is nothing like winter in Canada, but for Holland it was quite the thing. Throughout the Netherlands there was a total of 880km worth of traffic jams, and several expressways were closed, making roads a bit of a nightmare. It took us 30min to drive to Delft today, which is generally only takes 10 minutes. All the trains from Rotterdam were either running behind schedule or were cancelled. Fortunately I could still make it back to Zwolle only having to wait 15-20 or so minutes for a train to show up in Delft (the first never came). It was some interesting, but fun, times.


On Saturday night the "nichtjes" (cousins of female gender) from the Herbert side - all four of us - went out to the Greek restaurant in Naaldwijk to eat. We had a really good time together - at least I did (and the other girls said they did too). We ended up being there for 4 hours. I'm pretty sure I've never had a meal that lasted that long before in my life. It was really good though - a lot of meat. After our delightful time at dinner we headed out to a party, which was also quite fun. I got to meet some new people, some of which I will probably never see again, but we had some nice conversations. It was a good night.

On Sunday the whole Herbert family spent some time together at Opa & Oma's. We enjoyed soup, buns, meatballs, little suasages, egg-hunting, and conversation. They were some good times. That night Opa, Oma, and I went to Anita & Huib's for some gourmetten. Quite a lot of fun. I really enjoy gourmetten, and the company was quite splendid as well.

Other than that I didn't really do a whole lot. I learned to play Klaverjassen! And also had some fun times playing Mexican Train. Overall, it was quite a good weekend. I only wish I could have spent some more time with the Noordams, but they didn't really do anything together for Easter - at least not that I was told of previously.



Visiting Anniek's work - Opa went right to work





It's Snowing!



And Snowing some more...




Searching for the last 4 eggs (of 22)



Cousins! (Nick, Jason, and me)


And some more snow - Opa & Oma's street



And finally a last little bit of snow

(from my bedroom window in Zwolle)

1 comment:

Maria said...

ooh, snow! bet you miss that. i hope your easter was wonderful. how long do you have over there yet? have a great day!