Friday, April 25, 2008

New Life

Along the bike path on the way home today
Baby Swans
Hi All.
It's still spring, only now the weather is absolutely beautiful. It's been sunny all week, and everyone has just seemed to brighten up over the past few days. It's quite wonderful. Spring is truly in the air. Along my bike route there are swans sitting on their eggs, and today was the first day I actually saw baby swans. Quite cute. That's what's so wonderful about spring - new life!

Tonight my host family and I are heading to Terschelling - on of Holland's islands. We'll be there for a week of vacation. Should be wonderful! I'm really looking forward to it. I hope the weather will be just as nice as this past week. On Friday I'll be heading to my family - for the last time probably. I have a few presentations thereafter, and then I head home already. I can't believe it's already coming to a close.

This past Wednesday evening we had our Goodbye party with all the host families. We had good Dutch pancakes (which the caterer dude made right in front of us, yum!), sang a few songs, had some stories told, and the SPICE girls put on a little interpretive dance to the song "You'll Be in my Heart" by Phil Collins. We had a lot of fun preparing that song, and I think it was a pretty good success. Maybe it wasn't perfect, but it was fun, so that was most important I think.

Last night I went to Het Vliegende Paard (a local pub/club) for our last time :( and it was a lot of fun. It's too bad it was the last time, but I'm really glad we could go one last time together. I can't believe it's almost all over. But, I'm definitely ready to go home. I will miss it all though.
Anyway, I have to get some last-minute homework done, so I'll close for now. Hope all of you have a nice week, and I'm going to enjoy my May vacation. 'Tot de volgende keer.

No comments: