Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Visitors from Abroad

Wow. I'm getting kind of behind on this. I appologise. I haven't dissapeared from the face of the earth. So... in my last post I said I'd write about my Dad and Marc coming to visit, and what had happened since France. Well, now they're safely back in Canada, so I should probably get on that.
I got back from France on the 8th of March at 9:00 in the morning. I was just in time to catch a train to Delft where my Dad, Marc, Tante Nel, and Marije picked my up. Beginning at 3:00 we had my Oma Noordam's 80th birthday party. Just before I'd gone out for a frikandel speciaal with my Dad and Marc. Yum. At the party I finally got to see the rest of the family I hadn't seen yet (like Gaby, Esmee, Jorien, Sonja, en Rianne). It was quite fun. Afterwards we went to the Binnendijk's to watch a movie.
I went back to Zwolle on Monday and took my Dad and Marc with me. They met my host family, and I think they liked them. Dad and Marc never really told me. I had a really good time though, so I assume others did too. I showed them a bit of Zwolle on the Tuesday, but since it was rainy and we didn't have a bike small enough for Marc we didn't see as much as I would've liked to show. It was still good though.
My Aunt and Uncle's 25th wedding anniversary was this past Friday. My cousins (Marije, Wim, en Anniek) did a fun little song about their parents. It was quite enjoyable. I talked mostly with my cousin Tim the whole night because I didn't really know a whole lot of people, but it was still kind of fun.
Opa and I brought Marc and Dad to the airport on Saturday morning. In the afternoon Oma and I decided to visit Tante Aghad (who is technically my great great great aunt - or my great grandma's aunt) who lives just outside Vlaardingen. I was expecting to meet a really old looking lady, but she was surprisingly younger looking for a lady of 90 years. She didn't look a whole lot older than my Oma. It was a nice little visit. The really neat part though, was that Tante Aghad lives in a boat - on land. That was pretty neat to see. We had to leave pretty soon after we got there because Opa and Oma had a party to go to. I ended up spending the evening with Tante Anita, which was pretty enjoyable.
Anyway, I should go eat lunch, because I have to be at school in less than an hour (and have to bike ~25min.). If I don't get back to this before tomorrow, I'll wish you all in advance a very Happy Easter! All the best.

No comments: